We are currently seeking a talented Advisor – Communications & Stakeholder Engagement to work closely with our Consultation and Engagement Team Leader to deliver consultation and engagement services for the QLD and NT region.
With a minimum of 3-5 years commercial experience, you will play a key role in:
- assisting in the delivery of consultation and engagement services for SMEC projects, under the direction of the Principal /Team Leader.
- day to day community and stakeholder relations and managing the project consultation databases.
- supporting the wider business in particular the environment, transport and water groups with consultation services.
- assisting in the development of proposals, new business ventures and marketing activities.
With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you will have gained your experience working in similar environments and have a passion for building trusted relationships to drive positive change and win new work.
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Experience in communications and/ or consultation services experience
- recognised degree or equivalent practical experience
- experience/ or knowledge in IAP2 Public Participation practice
- good interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively within a culturally diverse and multi-disciplinary environment
- knowledge and an understanding of professional consultation practice and the principles of public participation in development planning and delivery
- experience in managing day to day customer relation activities including contact databases
- capacity or experience in coordinating or participating in public events for both community members and technical stakeholder
- able to undertake some travel (domestic) if required.
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded.
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded
SMEC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a source of strength for our people, our clients, our partners and our communities.
SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of 13,000 dedicated people working across a network of 95 offices in 40 countries. SMEC employs passionate and innovative people who are driven to deliver exceptional outcomes and who want to feel valued in a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are committed to developing our people. We encourage them to see things differently, to be creative, to push boundaries and to work on a broad range of projects that help build a better future. Consistently recognised for technical excellence and design innovation, SMEC continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world.
All recruitment activities go through SMEC Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers